RECOVERY/TRANSFORMATION: WHAT COMES NEXT
Wednesday, June 10, 1-2:30 p.m. (EDT)/10-11:30 a.m. (PDT)
While the present and future are uncertain, we can control the choices we make and carve out a new path. What might radical innovation and recovery look like and what role does cultural leadership play in the process?
- Christopher K. Morgan, executive artistic director, Dance Place and executive and artistic director, Christopher K. Morgan Dance
- Kamilah Forbes, executive producer, Apollo Theater
- Sean Dorsey, choreographer/dancer/artistic director, Sean Dorsey Dance
- Tara Aisha Willis, associate curator, Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- Emily Johnson, choreographer and director, Catalyst Dance
Registration is free and limited to the first 1,000 registrants. Your registration includes all four sessions. You can also watch APAP BREAK/ROOM Conversations on Facebook Live.
In partnership with Sozo Creative, APAP is excited to bring you APAP BREAK/ROOM Conversations, June 9-10, 2020. APAP BREAK/ROOM Conversations is a unique series of virtual dialogues with leaders across our field—artists, presenters, producers, agents, managers, funders and other cultural workers—launched in response to the current crisis.
Crisis often brings clarity and opportunity for innovation, but asking the right questions is part of that process and can forever change how we see ourselves, our world, our relationship and our future.
We may leave with more questions, but that’s part of the ongoing navigation of the unknown. Industry voices engage in discussions to provide insight and thinking about the current crisis, stabilization, recovery and transformation.
Join us as we launch this new series to reimagine the post-COVID-19 future for the arts. APAP is grateful to The Wallace Foundation for their support of our work to provide information, resources and programs to help the field navigate the COVID-19 crisis.