** please forward widely **
Fresh Meat Productions is a thriving San Francisco non-profit organization that builds community through the arts by creating, presenting and touring original transgender and queer arts programs. Our programs include the Fresh Meat Festival of transgender and queer performance, resident dance company Sean Dorsey Dance and Tranny Fest San Francisco Transgender Film Festival. www.freshmeatproductions.org
The General Manager oversees and coordinates logistics for our year-round artistic programs; oversees and supervises the organization’s production staff, contractors, volunteers and interns; assists the Executive Director with development/fundraising, financial management, grant reporting and grants management; and maintains administrative systems associated with a mid-size non-profit arts organization.
This is a demanding position in a fast-paced non-profit arts environment. This position is supervised by the Executive Director and works independently. Fresh Meat Productions is seeking an experienced, skilled, passionate, highly-motivated individual who will make a long-term commitment to this position.
The General Manager is an hourly contractor position and works an average of 20 hours per week. During production weeks (annually in early February, mid-June and early November), the position increases to 40+ hours a week and will include some evening and weekend hours.
Immediately. Position open until filled.
Production and Administration:
- Oversees and coordinates production and administrative logistics for all programs and events.
- Develops and maintains administrative systems and databases.
Coordination and Supervision:
- Manages and interfaces with production staff and contractors (including artists, technical staff, box office staff, designers, Interns, Website Director).
- Manages Volunteer Program; recruits, trains and supervises volunteers.
- Manages Intern Program; recruits, trains and supervises Interns.
Publicity and Outreach:
- Assists Executive Director in managing outreach and publicity campaigns (including printed, online and social networking campaigns).
Development and Fundraising:
- Manages Donor Program, including outreach, solicitation, tracking and recognition systems.
- Manages Community Partner Program, including outreach, solicitation, tracking and recognition systems.
- Assists the Executive Director in grants management including grant requests, interim and final reports and invoices.
- Solicits in-kind and cash donations.
- As assigned by the Executive Director.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum two years non-profit arts administration or related experience.
- Experience working with transgender and queer communities.
- Experience working in a non-profit work environment.
- Proven ability to work well independently and demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Extremely strong organizational skills, excellent time management skills and proven ability to set goals and meet deadlines independently.
- Experience coordinating events and managing logistics.
- Experience managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced production environment.
- Experience coordinating volunteers and/or staff.
- Excellent written skills and proficiency writing and editing proposals, applications, letters and correspondence, donor materials and policies and procedures.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to proof own work.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working in a multi-racial, multi-cultural, multi-gender and multi-age environment.
- Experience and proficiency with Word, Excel and the internet required; knowledge of Quickbooks, Vertical Response/HTML email production and databases a plus.
- Experience and familiarity with non-profit finances, accounting and budgets.
- Experience with grants management and reporting.
- Familiarity with Fresh Meat Productions and our programs.
- Experience with professional production, theater and/or dance.
- Experience with marketing, publicity and promotion.
- Experience with tour booking.
Fresh Meat Productions is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are strongly encouraged from transgender and gender variant people; people of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual and queer people; women; immigrants; people living with HIV/AIDS; people with disabilities; and bilingual and bicultural people.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write “General Manager application” and your name in the subject line, and include two attachments as Word documents:
1. A cover letter with:
a) full contact information (name, address, email, phone numbers);
b) the reason you are interested in this position;
c) your familiarity with Fresh Meat Productions and our programs;
d) the unique experience, skills and qualifications you offer to this position and to the
2. Resume with two references.
Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We will contact you only if we wish to talk with you about the position or schedule an interview.