April 16-18, 2021
Tickets: FREE (donations welcome)
You need to register IN ADVANCE for a free ticket (so we can send you the link to watch!)
Our AT-HOME Season will be streamed on: Vimeo
Dates & Times to watch our AT-HOME Season online:
- Friday April 16, 5pm PDT (6pm MDT / 8pm EDT)
- Saturday April 17, 5pm PDT (6pm MDT / 8pm EDT)
- Sunday April 18: available on-demand all day
- NOTE: the same program will be streamed at all dates
Access: All programs will be held online, and will be Closed-Captioned for Deaf and Hard-of-hearing audiences.
Access questions? Email our Access Coordinator at email@example.com
Sean Dorsey Dance brings our 2021 home season INTO YOUR HOME!
Join us for a FIRST LOOK at Sean Dorsey Dance’s new multi-year project: THE LOST ART OF DREAMING investigates and imagines expansive Futures for our communities.
Over the past year, Sean Dorsey Dance has been rehearsing (on Zoom), dreaming, planning, filming and creating for YOU! Register for your free ticket to view a special program we’ll stream on Vimeo, featuring:
- The world premiere of new dance films by Sean Dorsey Dance
- A special message from Sean Dorsey
- Exclusive access to preview upcoming activities from our THE LOST ART OF DREAMING project
All programs are FREE — but we welcome your donations during ticket registration (or you can donate right now HERE): 100% of donations will go toward paying our hardworking artists, designers, collaborators and production team! You will have the opportunity to add a donation during the process of registering for your free ticket.
You must REGISTER IN ADVANCE to watch these programs!
SOME OF THE HUMANS DREAMING UP ALL THIS MAGIC ARE:
Sean Dorsey Dance dancer/collaborators: Sean Dorsey, Nol Simonse, Raúl Torres-Bonilla and Will Woodward
Original music composed by: Anomie Belle, LD Brown, Frida Ibarra, Alex Kelly, Ben Kessler
Costume design by: Tiffany Amundson
Dance film cinematography by: Annalise Ophelian
Dance film production assistance by: Shawna Virago
Production Manager: Eric Garcia
Digital & Social Media Manager and Access Coordinator: StormMiguel Florez
Online Programs Coordinator: Gwen Park
Graphic Designer and Illustrator: Den Legaspi
THE LOST ART OF DREAMING has been commissioned by American Dance Festival, Dance Place (Washington DC), 7 Stages (Atlanta GA), Velocity Dance Center (Seattle WA), Queer Cultural Center (San Francisco CA); and developed through residencies with the National Choreography Center in Akron (Akron OH).
THE LOST ART OF DREAMING has been awarded support from the commissioners above, and from the California Arts Council, Kenneth Rainin Foundation, New England Foundation for the Arts’ National Dance Project (with lead funding from the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation and The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation), National Endowment for the Arts, National Performance Network’s Creation Fund and the San Francisco Arts Commission.
FAQ’s – Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I register for tickets?
- You will register for free tickets via Eventbrite (click here). Once you register, you will receive an email confirmation from us on how to watch the event.
- Every program is the SAME, but you are welcome to register for more than one!
- Once on the Eventbrite page, click on the green “register” button.
- Choose the program(s) you want free tickets for.
- You will be able to get a ticket for multiple programs, but you can only get tickets for yourself (1 ticket per program). This helps us know how many folks are attending our online AT-HOME Season!
NEED SUPPORT GETTING TICKETS? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. How does the online AT-HOME SEASON work?
- Once you’ve registered for the program(s) you selected, we’ll immediately send you a confirmation email so you know your tickets are all set up.
- When the day of the event comes, we will email you a special link to THAT DAY’s program.
- The Friday and Saturday Vimeo Live programs will be viewable on Vimeo as an online Closed-Captioned video: these programs will start at 5pm sharp PDT!
- The Sunday April 18 program will also be viewable on Vimeo as an online Closed-Captioned video – but YOU choose when to watch it! We will send you the link, which will allow you to watch this program ANY time from 6am PDT until 12midnight on April 18! You can pause, stop and return to it any time this whole day!
3. What time can I watch these AT-HOME SEASON Programs?
- Friday April 16 and Saturday April 17 will stream on Vimeo at 5pm PDT:
- On the morning of these programs, we’ll email you a special link — all you have to do is open your email and CLICK the link to watch the video at the scheduled event time!
- Sunday April 18 is an ON-DEMAND video – meaning YOU can choose the time you want to watch it that day!
- On the morning of this program, we’ll email you a link — all you have to do is open your email and CLICK the link to watch the video!
- You can watch the program any time of day: first thing that morning in your pajamas, in the middle of the afternoon, or in the evening!
- The link will work from 6am through 12midnight that day!
1. No ID Needed
No identification or “legal identification” is ever needed to book tickets to our events!
2. Deaf & Hard-of-Hearing audiences
Our 2021 AT-HOME SEASON programs will be viewable on Vimeo, and will be Closed-Captioned for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing audiences.
3. Free Online Event
Moving this event online allows us to support community safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, AND to include as many people as possible, such as those who can’t attend in-person or are located internationally.
And this year’s Sean Dorsey Dance AT-HOME SEASON is FREE of charge! We will be accepting optional donations: 100% of donations will go toward paying our hardworking artists, designers, collaborators and production team!