Date & Time:
Friday, August 12 at 7pm
Saturday, August 13 at 7pm
Dance Mission Theater
San Francisco, CA
$35 at door
$12 Youth (under 16)
- Dance Mission Theater has all-gender bathrooms; PLEASE NOTE: due to construction delays, the theater’s elevator is NOT working. For this reason, the Festival has moved the Sunday matinee to the Mission Cultural Center, which is wheelchair accessible. Sean Dorsey Dance is not performing at the Sunday matinee (but lots of wonderful artists are!). If you are unable to attend Friday or Saturday performances for mobility access reasons, please email contact the Bay Area International Deaf Dance Festival (they are the point of contact for this).
- ASL/English interpretation at each show
- Deaf International Sign Language interpretation
- CART Captioning (English)
- Audio Description (if requested via BAIDDF Website)
Sean Dorsey Dance (SDD) is thrilled to perform at the 10th Annual Bay Area International Deaf Dance Festival! Sean Dorsey Dance is featured in all 2 performances (Fri @ 7pm and Sat @ 7pm), and will perform a short excerpt from their upcoming full-evening work THE LOST ART OF DREAMING. Performed by: Sean Dorsey, Héctor Jaime, Nol Simonse and Will Woodward.
Presented by Antoine Hunter’s Urban Jazz Dance Company, The Bay Area International Deaf Dance Festival (BAIDDF) is an annual event produced by Urban Jazz Dance company that consists of performances and workshops that highlight the important contributions that Deaf and Hard of Hearing (HoH) artists make to our community.
Artistic Director Sean Dorsey shares, “As a Hard-of-Hearing dance artist, it’s really powerful for me to be part of BAIDDF! And it’s an extra special honor for Sean Dorsey Dance to be presented at BAIDDF’s 10th Anniversary Festival.”
BAIDDF shares: “This year we have Deaf artists flying in from Colombia, Canada, India, all over the USA and more. There will be a diversity of Sign Languages. Please note that the Sunday, 3pm performance is a family-friendly matinee.”
In addition to performances, the festival will feature workshops in Jazz, Hip-Hop, Ballet, ASL DANCE, and a variety of dance classes taught by International, Domestic and Local Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Hearing artists who sign fluently. These workshops will be taught for both Youth and Adult participants at Dance Mission Theater and YBCA in San Francisco. All workshop info is at: https://www.realurbanjazzdance.com/2022-bay-area-international-deaf-dance-festival.html
To donate to the festival, please visit: https://www.realurbanjazzdance.com/contact-us.html