Photo: Lydia Daniller
Date & Time:
Friday, November 18 at 7pm
Saturday, November 19 at 7pm
Sunday, November 20 at 2pm
Sunday, November 20 at 7pm
ASL Interpretation provided on November 20 at 2pm and 7pm.
450 Florida Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
Scroll down for ACCESS NOTES and COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS.
Don’t miss the world premiere of The Lost Art of Dreaming!
Tickets are limited: get your tickets now! We are offering 4-performances-only, with limited seating for COVID safety.
The Lost Art Of Dreaming invites us to reconnect with longing, embrace expansive imagination, connect with joy and pleasure, and propel ourselves toward loving Futures.
This powerful new work features full-throttle dance, intimate storytelling, intricate costuming, and exquisite queer partnering… all performed with Sean Dorsey Dance’s signature technical precision, guts and deep humanity.
The Lost Art Of Dreaming is performed by a powerhouse ensemble of five trans, queer and gender-non-conforming dancers (Sean Dorsey, Brandon Graham, Héctor Jaime, David Le, Nol Simonse) – with a rich, layered soundscore featuring original and commissioned music.
CAN’T ATTEND IN-PERSON EVENTS SAFELY?
- Sean Dorsey Dance and Fresh Meat Productions resist and oppose the current rush to “re-open” without regard for the well-being and safety of our communities’ most marginalized, under-resourced and/or vulnerable.
- If you cannot attend in-person events safely and/or cannot be vaccinated because of disability, illness or immune suppression – we still want this work to be accessible to you!
- We will make an online, on-demand, Closed-Captioned video version of our Home Season available for FREE a few weeks after our in-person Home Season ($0+ sliding scale donation).
Choreographed and written by:
Movement created & performed by:
Sean Dorsey, Brandon Graham, Héctor Jaime, David Le, Nol Simonse
Original music composed by:
Anomie Belle, LD Brown, Sean Dorsey, Frida Ibarra, Alex Kelly, Ben Kessler, Jesse Olsen Bay, and Kelsey Lu
Tiffany Amundson, Krystal Harfert and Melissa Castaneda
Postcards From The Future artists:
Tupili E. Arellano, Wriply Bennet, liminal hymn, Art Twink
- Z Space’s entrance, lobby, bathrooms and audience seating are wheelchair accessible.
- The front row of seating is at floor level; all other rows of seating are on risers and require climbing stairs.
- The front row of seating features armless chairs; all other chairs in the theater have non-moveable arms.
- Both Sunday performances will feature ASL Interpretation: please let us know when you’re coming (Email email@example.com)
- If you need to reserve front row / accessible seating, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Z Space’s bathrooms are all-gender.
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR THIS EVENT:
- Audience is required to be KN95 masked for the entirety of their time inside the building. Our staff will provide KN95 masks to everyone before they enter the building.
- For the health, safety and well-being of everyone in our space, Z Space’s current COVID-19 policy requires all patrons, performers, and staff to be fully vaccinated. Ticket holders will be required to show proof of vaccination.
- Each performance will have limited seating — to allow for more space between audience members.
- You can read about the full set of safety protocols on Z Space’s website: http://www.zspace.org/safety-protocols